Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mommy Tip Time!

OK, all you Mommies and Daddies out there, I have a tip for cleaning up around the house with kiddos! Today I decided to try and get my kids involved in my cleaning, so I could spend more time with them, and less time WISHING I could be with them instead.
First off we did the dishes together. I had my 3 year old help me "wash" in the sink next to me (we have a little double sink). He would wash, then hand them to me to "rinse" and we'd put them in the drying rack. We'd say "Order Up" and my 5 year old grabbed it and dried it. This actually worked and the dishes went pretty quick (and we played the whole while).
Next we made all of our beds. As we did, we had little contests. Laughing contests, crying contests and mad contests. Anything silly like that will work. Which lead up to the biggest contest, the prettiest bed contest. We all judges each other's beds (of course my son AND daughter tied in first..I got second.)
Last we cleaned up the toys in the living room, dining room and sun room. I set the timer and said that IF the house was cleaned within 3 minutes (it went fast) that anyone who helped would get 3 pieces of candy (yup, 3 whole pieces!!).
I'm thrilled to say this ALL worked and I didn't feel like I was missing them and I they were playing with me. Everyone won and everyone is happy! Give it a try and let me know if it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment