Wednesday, January 5, 2011

cooking, baking and serving OH MY!


I decided that in 2011 I would take my love of cooking and baking to a whole new level. Let me first say I LOVE TO COOK AND BAKE! I mean love it! I could cook and bake all day! Give me an oven, cooking/baking supplies and a laptop playing an 80's pop on Pandora, and I'm in heaven! So, I decided to use my cooking as my hobbie. And to challenge myself to make EVERYTHING in my power. To not buy anything from the store that I think I can make at home. Since it's winter, the things I will still buy from the store will be meats, cheeses (let's face it, I can't possibly make better cheese than the stae of Wisconsin!), yogurts, fruits and vegetables (which I will grow over the summer..as much as I can) and eggs (will be getting chickens at some point too...so that is only temporary).
So far I have been making cookies to start. No more buying oreos or Chips Ahoy, when I can make any cookie out there! Next I found a recipe for ritz like crackers and made them. They were a hit! I will make donuts this weekend and bagels next week. My husband has requested soft pretzels. I am findin it so satisfying to to challenge myself like this. To know that I can be as self sufficient as I can be. I will be sharing the recipes I find so you too can try your hand at these easy and delicious foods!
Homemade ritz cracker recipe

2 comments:

  1. homeade ritz crackers sound yummy!

    -Blessings,
    Schy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To not buy anything from the store that I think I can make at home."

    That is absolutely my philosophy. I cringe when I buy something I can make. What a wonderful goal for this year - you will find yourself so satisfied with how nourished your family will be!

    I have SO MANY recipes on my blog for homemade goodies, as well as more cookbooks that most people would know what to do with. If you're ever looking for a recipe, let me know!

    In Christ,
    Hallee

    ReplyDelete