Friday, May 27, 2011

Blessings From God


I have been feeling somewhat ill lately. I have felt a little down because I was unable to do much for a few days. I know we all need breaks from time to time, but I am not an idle person. I like to be there for my kids. I like to have my house in order for my husband, when he comes home. I like having a good dinner prepared and ready for the family by 5 pm. And I was really not liking that I couldn't clean much, excersize much or play with the kids much. Yesterday I was feeling better, and today even better! I really thought that my kindergartener didn't have school today. I didn't send her in, only to get a phone call from the school saying she was abscent! Oops. Today I really had the urge to take my kiddos out, since I had not been feeling well. It's a hot sunny day and I just felt like we needed to be outside somewhere. So I took my kids to this big pond (they call it a lake). There is a sidewalk that goes around the whole pond, and there are always people walking along the path. Today we took our (little) dog, because I know he thinks the ducks are the weirdest things. He likes to chase them. I could only stay for an hour or two. I had so much work to catch up on. As it turned out, we had a DELIGHTFUL afternoon! We walked twice around the pond and played on a playground. On our second loop around the pond we saw 3 pairs of ducks with the TINIEST baby ducklings. Oh they were so sweet. We saw a HUGE water snake! My dog scared it out of the weeds and it swam into the water and hung out and watched us (as we watched it). Then as we walked a little further I found a bullfrog in some shallow water! I was so excited for my kids to get to see these animals (that you really don't see every day) all in one day! I felt that God really blessed us with the beauty and wonder of his creations today. I felt so grateful for that time together, checking out the pond and the animals. When we got home we looked up the animals to see all their statistics (turned it into a homeschool lesson!), and looked up pictures of bullfrogs and water snakes. Such a cool day! Thank you God for the simple beauty of nature, and please let us never take it for granted. Peace to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment